[arch-general] opinion request about Firefox add-ons

Jonathan Roemer jon at roemersoftworks.com
Mon Feb 1 14:46:33 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 01:52:03AM -0500, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> Way to go on not answering the question in any way, shape, or form...

uBlock Origin is a less resource intensive, more thorough solution than
Adblock Plus. The relevant performance statistics are below.

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock#performance

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-vs.-ABP:-efficiency-compared

Additionally, it contains none of the "acceptable ads" whitelisting that
Adblock Plus has added, and provides more privacy-protecting features,
if those are important.

As the user's current Adblock Plus solution is broken, and they
specifically asked for other opinions or options, I figured I would
offer them an objectively better adblocking experience within Firefox.
Both a release and developer version of uBlock Origin are signed and
available on the Firefox addons site.