[arch-general] Chromium Favorites Bar Partially Inoperative

Dutch Ingraham stoa at gmx.us
Mon Feb 1 15:08:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 11:34:37AM +0100, Martin S. Weber wrote:
> On 2016-01-31 18:11:24, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
> > (...)
>
> confirm chrome on awesome "right" (or 2ndary) monitor problems: This is
> an awesome + multi-monitor + chromium problem, not your graphics driver.
>
> folders in the bookmark bar do not track "pressed" status or track the
> mouse at all.
>
> I believe it's more of awesome + some dirty stuff chromium does that it
> gets away in most other window managers because those aren't as awesome
> as awesome is awesome.

Thanks, Martin, for the confirmation.

I now also now agree that the source of the problem is likely not the driver
but "an awesome + multi-monitor + chromium problem."  I've had the chance
to set up a similar situation on a different computer running OpenBSD, which
uses a different driver and the problem exists there as well.