[arch-general] Instructions to mount efivars as readonly should be linked to in Beginner's Guide

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 1 20:45:39 UTC 2016

Am 01.02.2016 um 20:35 schrieb Tomasz Kramkowski:
> The newbies this change is aimed for are exactly the sorts of people who
> might unwittingly rm -rf /.

Arch Linux is not aimed at newbies.

There's been lots of panic over this issue, yet it took several years of
UEFI being in the field for someone to actually trigger it. I guess it
will be fixed in the kernel very soon. Until then we can calm down and
start panicking - every local privilege escalation bug is worse than
this stuff.