[arch-general] systemd user accounts are created in a inconsistent way

Alain Kalker a.c.kalker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 22:06:43 UTC 2016

Op 2 feb. 2016 22:24 schreef "Damjan Georgievski" <gdamjan at gmail.com>:
> it's better to let `systemd-sysusers` create all users, /etc/passwd
> should probably not be included in any package
> since it changes in the lifetime of the distro and updates are hard to
merge.

Agreed. And while we're at it, stop packaging /etc/shadow and /etc/gshadow,
those files are not meant to be touched by anything but the designated
tools, least of all be manually merged.  If TEMPEST means anything to you,
manually merging shadow files using an editor is as bad as plastering your
passwords all over your front door.

-
Alain