[arch-general] pacman and hooks

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:43:58 UTC 2016

On 02/02/2016 06:54 PM, Doug Newgard wrote:
> No, even those are for packages. Users/admins should use /etc/pacman.d/hooks.
> Not sure about scripts.

I would guess that scripts can be put anywhere, I would probably just
put them in the HookDir (matching *.{hook,sh} files).

But why would anyone use the /usr/share/alpm/hooks.local directory at
all? It doesn't appear to be used by default -- I guess you could add a
HookDir in pacman.conf, but that shouldn't be depended on by packages...

It looks like a *personal* choice for user/admin hooks.

--
Eli Schwartz