[arch-general] Update GNU Wget

Darshit Shah darnirmlist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:01:28 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:15 AM, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio at dukun.de> wrote:

> Am 15.12.2015 um 00:44 schrieb Darshit Shah:
> > Any updates on this issue?
>
> you might consider building it locally from ABS [0].
> it looks like a simple version bump is sufficient, and no other program
> is linked against it, so you should be fine.
> to receive the official package once it appears, you could set pkgrel=0,
> so the official one is regarded as update despite beeing the same.
>
> hope this helps.
>

> [0] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System

I am the one maintaining wget-git on AUR, so I do use the latest version
anyways. However, as the maintainer of GNU Wget, I am interested in what
keeps Arch Linux from adopting the newest version yet. It's been flagged
out of date for almost three months now. If there is something that prevent
Arch from shipping it, we'd love to hear and help.