[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

mick bareman at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 8 02:37:57 UTC 2016

On Sun, 7 Feb 2016 18:30:15 -0700
Devon Smith <devo8604 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anything lacking in systemd
A clear, logical and consistant naming convention for the services, units, etc used by systemd, on a number of occasions I have spent an hour or more looking for the script that controls a particular service. Admittedly there seems to be less of them now than when systemd first invaded. cups is a pet hate of mine, wouldn't 'cupsd' be much more intuitive than 'org.cups.cupsd.service' or am I missing something?

> that is available in openrc?
probably not.

It's much better to fix whats there and mostly works than go through the trauma of getting to grips with a new mostly works tool.

mick