[arch-general] SourceForge now supports TLS, update source URLs

Nicolas F. archlist at fratti.ch
Tue Feb 16 11:33:59 UTC 2016

On 16/02/16 11:55, Carsten Mattner wrote:
> Cool, any reason why didn't submit a patch? Just curious, as you
> already went ahead and did the legwork.

Several reasons:

- Would one submit a patch to each package's maintainer for that
  package? Perhaps the Arch project decides it's not worth the effort to
  change all the URLs in one go, resulting in a lot of unnecessary
  e-mail spam from my side.

- If the changes were submitted as one huge patch, who would review
  and apply them? Furthermore, it's a trivial change that can be
  automated, making sure the patches are correct is at least as much
  effort as simply doing the changes themselves.

- Simple and plain laziness. I'd rather have somebody more involved in
  the project figure out the details.