[arch-general] How much people use Arch Linux

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 09:06:26 UTC 2016

The nature of ArchLinux as a rolling-release distro means that ISO
downloads are not a good measure of the number of users at all. (Most users
downloaded an ISO once, a long time ago, and not for each release as for
other distros.) Add to that the fact that there are torrent links for the
ISO as well, for which download counts are probably not available. I think
the only way to get some kind of measure would probably be to aggregate a
count of IPs hitting each of the Arch package mirrors, which would be a
colossal undertaking :D

Paul