[arch-general] can't balance full btrfs raid6 filesystem

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:17:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 5:08 PM Guus Snijders <gsnijders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op 22 feb. 2016 19:48 schreef "Jameson" <imntreal at gmail.com>:
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 1:43 PM Leonid Isaev <
> leonid.isaev at jila.colorado.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > See this:
> > >

> http://marc.merlins.org/perso/btrfs/post_2014-05-04_Fixing-Btrfs-Filesystem-Full-Problems.html
> > >
> > > Basically, when your btrfs is full, just create a loopback device, add
> it
> > > the array, rebalance and then remove the device. This is what I had to
> do
> > > this
> > > Sunday :)
> > >

> > I don't know if you saw the beginning of the thread, but what started
> this
>
> Looks like the same problem, the advise was there to (temporary) covert to
> raid 1, and then back to raid 6. All with the new disk included, of course.

I actually tried converting to single, but that failed also.

Believe it or not, I actually filled it up, again. I miscalculated my
quota, and filled it up while restoring. This time, I added the extra hdd,
and a loopback device, and it worked! I just finished removing the loopback
device, and it's still in business. I'm working to test my 1TB quota, now.
Then, I need to pay a little more attention to the next quota.

Thanks,
Jameson