[arch-general] System crash troubleshooting help?

Jonathan Horacio Villatoro Córdoba lacho8713 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 22:29:51 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 10:54:07PM +0100, Aron Widforss wrote:
> Good evening all,
>
> I was just watching Linux Sucks
> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pOxlazS3zs) on Youtube when my system
> froze. It was the whole system, I could for example not switch to a TTY. The
> audio was looping a one second thing.
>
> My troubleshooting skills are no pride to me, so I though I could just ask
> you for help. These are the last entries in the journal (in reverse). Did my
> system just crash because of a DHCP request? Or should I focus on the kwin
> error, which is the very last one?

This seems like a very strange error. Unfortunately the log you provided is not
enough to troubleshoot this. If you haven't turned off/reset your system,
I suggest that you run 'journalctl -xb', put it in a pastebin and send it. If
you have, then you could try 'journalctl -xb -1' (or +1, i don't remember)
which would present the logs for the previous boot.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan