[arch-general] Kali rt2800usb driver on Arch for wireshark tcp capture

Fulcrum Mike fulcrummike at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 08:14:02 UTC 2016

Hi everybody

I spent days trying to get my Alfa AWUS036H work with Wireshark on Arch
Linux. It captured all sorts of fancy protocols, but no tcp. I booted
Kali linux on the same PC and followed the same procedure for data
capture and this time everything worked. I could see http requests to
multiple wifi access points nearby.

After some more googleing, I think the problem is with the rt2800usb
driver on arch. I read somewhere that kali comes with a 'modified' wifi
driver for capturing tcp data. I was wondering if its possible to
somehow get kali's driver working on arch? any help would be appreciated!

Regards