[arch-general] [bug] python-setuptools 1:19.3-1 breaks youtube-dl

Felix Yan felixonmars at archlinux.org
Sat Jan 16 04:48:17 UTC 2016

On 01/16/2016 12:17 PM, Jonathan Roemer wrote:
> Since there is no section in the bugtracker for [community] packages,
> and the maintainer was not in #archlinux, it seemed that this was the best place
> for this.

There is a section for [community] packages. You can even find a "Add
New Bug" link right on the package page [1].

> ImportError: The 'six' package is required; normally this is bundled with this package so if you get this warning, consult the packager of your distribution.

It's a packaging issue in latest setuptools package. I overlooked the
'six' dependency because it was brought into the build environment by
check-time dependency 'mock'. Now fixed with python-setuptools 1:19.3-2.

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/youtube-dl/

--
Regards,
Felix Yan