[arch-general] Conflict after 3 week upgrade pause

Tomasz Kramkowski tk at the-tk.com
Mon Jan 18 08:06:36 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 11:58:47AM +0100, Patrick Hofmann wrote:
> Thanks, I tried that and it seems like xf86-input-libinput was not
> installed.
> Explains why I cant remove it, but I'm still confused why there would be a
> conflict.

Since Xorg 1.18.0 you can now choose between xf86-input-evdev and
xf86-input-libinput. Pacman would then try to install one of these when
updating Xorg, but since you still technically had Xorg version <
1.18.0, and the packages conflict with xorg-server<1.18.0 pacman would
automatically try to remove xorg-server to allow xf86-input-libinput to
be installed.

The solution would then be to just update xorg-server manually and then
-Syu again... I think.

--
Tomasz Kramkowski - 6FCE 8750 3AAF 42AB 3BF4  94FE 40B0 37BA 0A5B 8680