[arch-general] Gnucash 2.6.10-1 download error

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 00:49:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Doug Newgard <scimmia at archlinux.info>
wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:57:05 -0500
> Francis Gerund <ranrund at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Should this be reported as a bug (or 2-3 bugs)?
>
> No, it's not a bug. Info about this has been all over the mailing lists,
> forums, and IRC for days. Do some checking around.

I'm sort of new to Arch.  I just installed yesterday, so didn't know about
that.  I did not see a bug report (maybe I missed it).

And I thought that even if it is flagged as out-of-date, it would still
install.

I thought it was a reasonable question to ask (with some detail provided),
and I was tring to be helpful.

I don't know the etiquette here yet.  Sorry.

And Gnucash is really important to me.

I will try checking the email archives.

At Arch, is IRC preferred over mailing lists as a source of information?

IRC is much harder for em to use effectively; it's like trying to dring
from a fire hose.