[arch-general] Gnucash 2.6.10-1 download error

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 15:08:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:48 AM, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:23:14 -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:
> >After checking the mailing list archives, I found a similar problem was
> >with the "courage" package, which was solved by (as root):
> >
> >    pacman-key --refresh-keys
>
> Actually your install suffers from not being updated. The refresh was
> needed, when the keyring package was only available by the testing
> repository, but since a few days it's provided by core [1].
>
> I never used pacmatic, so perhaps you should consider to update using
> 'sudo pacman -Syu'. If your install is up-to-date, then the output of
> 'pacman -Q archlinux-keyring' must be 'archlinux-keyring 20160123-1'.
>
> [1]
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep "upgraded archlinux-keyring"
> /var/log/pacman.log | grep 2016
> [2016-01-26 08:16] [ALPM] upgraded archlinux-keyring (20151220-1 ->
> 20160123-1)
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep
> pkgver= /var/abs/core/archlinux-keyring/PKGBUILD pkgver=20160123
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Si archlinux-keyring | grep Ver
> Version        : 20160123-1

Thanks for the info guys, but now this is weird:

After doing:

sudo pacman -Syyuv
and
sudo pacman -Syyuv archlinux-keyring
and
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
and
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys --updatedb
and
sudo pacman -Syyuv
and
rebooting

. . . and then doing it all again, I still get:

sudo pacmatic -Q archlinux-keyring
archlinux-keyring 20151220-1

sudo pacmatic -Ss archlinux-keyring
core/archlinux-keyring 20151220-1 [installed]
    Arch Linux PGP keyring

But there sure seems to be a newer version in core:

1 exact match found.
Arch Repo Name Version Description Last Updated Flag Date any Core
archlinux-keyring
<https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/any/archlinux-keyring/> 20160123-1
Arch Linux PGP keyring 2016-01-25
Yet my system won't even admit that a newer version exists!

Is there a way to update archlinux-keyring without reinstalling the whole
system?