[arch-general] opinion request about Firefox add-ons

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Jan 31 18:25:56 UTC 2016

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 18:38:15 +0100, Elmar Stellnberger wrote:
>duckduckgo

For me duckduckgo is completely useless.

>ixquick

Most of the times I'm using startpage.

However, I'm not talking about the Google search engine, but about
"safe browsing" and other Google features used by Firefox.

I would prefer that dangerous stuff, such as the "safe browsing" by
default would be removed, but it might be such a Google feature other
users expect to get by default. Firefox anyway isn't my preferred
browser. IMO Arch packages should provide the defaults from
upstream. An AUR package could provide a version of Firefox with
alternative defaults, assumed somebody is willing to maintain it.