[arch-general] time setting problem after installing.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Jul 3 21:02:50 UTC 2016

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 22:50:17 +0200, matthew dyer via arch-general wrote:
>On 07/03/16 22:39, Kenneth B. Jensen via arch-general wrote:
>> Did you set the timezone correctly? If so, is your virtual machine
>> using your machine's time as UTC? If it is, then make sure that you
>> set your timezone as UTC.
>Kennoth, I am on a mac using easteron.  I am the us ohio. NewYork
>would be the closest time zone .  I think it is a matter of changing
>it to use america/new_York if that makes sence.

No, if the virtual machine get's local time, then

"The hardware clock can be queried and set with the timedatectl command.
To change the hardware clock time standard to localtime, use:
# timedatectl set-local-rtc 1" -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/time

IIRC a long time ago I experienced an issue. Just setting to local time
didn't work. IIRC I needed to repeat it,

# timedatectl set-local-rtc 1
# timedatectl set-local-rtc 0
# timedatectl set-local-rtc 1

or I had to do a similar strange workaround.