[arch-general] VirtualBox ALT-key problems (especially with Adobe programs)

Klaus Doblmann M.A. klaus at dokla.net
Sat Jul 9 12:11:21 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-09 13:18, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 12:57:19 +0200, Klaus Doblmann M.A. wrote:
>> I'm having troubles getting the ALT-key to work properly in VirtualBox
>> as a modifier in applications like Photoshop for things like the clone
>> tool, it isn't recognised as the ALT-key.
>
> Hi,
>
> perhaps the used version of photoshop does work better when using wine.
> Wine is as easy to use as vbox, it doesn't require graphical desktop
> sharing by VNC and doesn't require SAMBA to share files or something
> similar, that is needed by other virtual machines.

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your reply. I'm very familiar with Wine, however I can't even
get past installing the Creative Cloud application which works as a
hub/installer for the main apps. Some people report success on running
Photoshop on Wine with a lot of tinkering but some of these reports seem
to use unlicensed versions... ;)

The whole solution to my problem should be rather easy - SOMETHING
messes with the Alt key on the linux side - it's just a matter of
finding out what... ;)

Klaus