[arch-general] Announcing pacpak

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 13:22:07 UTC 2016

On 10-07-2016 13:18, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 07/10/2016 01:59 PM, LoneVVolf wrote:
>> My personal preference though is for AL community to treat flatpak
>> similar as derivative distros.
>>
>> something like : flatpak is unsupported on Arch linux, ask the flatpak
>> creator(s) for help.
>
> Hm… If there is not that much desire to support Flatpak “officially” as
> an Arch project, then I probably will end up setting up a mailing list
> and bug tracker on my server sometime in the coming weeks.
>
> Regards,
> Florian Pelz

Personally I'd rather keep using the good old packages _but_ it would be
nice to have an official tool to manage/run/create flatpak packages,
this just to make sure that in case one needs to use a flatpak package
nothing will screw up the filesystem and cause more trouble than it's worth.

However a big fat warning should be present somewhere that bugs/problems
with flatpak packages are the sole responsibility of upstream/the
creator as I suspect bugs and problems will be the norm.

--
Mauro Santos