[arch-general] Announcing pacpak

Bennett Piater bennett at piater.name
Mon Jul 11 15:27:27 UTC 2016

On 07/10/2016 10:43 PM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:

> pacpak is not meant to redistribute already packaged containers from
> upstream. Instead it can be used to create containers from existing Arch
> packages. Basically, a copy of Arch is installed into a container
> runtime. Then different sets of regular Arch packages can be added on
> top of the Arch base system to create one app container each. This is
> similar to one chroot per app, but with additional security measures and
> available to non-root users. Common files are stored only once on the
> hard drive.
>
> `pacpak -Syu` would therefore always install exactly the same version of
> the software as available with regular pacman.

Cool. Now that I understand what you are doing, it's a great idea! :)

I just want to be able to keep my system up to date myself _and_ rely on
the additional protection coming from maintainers.
I had indeed misunderstood the purpose of your program.

Cheers,
Bennett

--
GPG fingerprint: 871F 1047 7DB3 DDED 5FC4 47B2 26C7 E577 EF96 7808