[arch-general] Discussion about optional dependencies from arch-dev-public

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Jul 19 17:07:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:09:37 +0200, Bruno Pagani wrote:
>I think you missed the part (on arch-dev-public) where the discussion
>was about making qt5-x11extras a dep rather than an opt-dep, which is
>OP concern. ;)

Oops, I should have read more carefully. If I'm affected by a hard
dependency, that IMO could be and should be an optional dependency, I
build an empty dummy package to fulfil the dependency. Some dependencies
are annoying. I didn't follow the discussion and in this case I don't
care. Maybe there are reasons to make it a hard dependency.

Regards,
Ralf

--
Death of ROXTerm