[arch-general] SLiM DM

runical at gmx.com runical at gmx.com
Sun Jun 12 18:56:57 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I hope this is the right place to ask this. If not, please direct me to
the correct place.

I noticed that the SLiM display manager is in the
repositories [0] while the wiki states that it has been deprecated [1].
Also, the project site is no longer available.

Now, I understand that there are some reasons to keep deprecated
software in the repositories, like with truecrypt. However, in the case
of SLiM, there are compatibility issues with systemd on top of the fact
that it has been deprecated. So, would it be possible to remove this
software from the repositories, or could someone give some reasons why
it is still in the repositories?

With kind regards,
runical

[0] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/slim/