[arch-general] Where did the touch pad tapping go?

chmod777 chmod777 at riseup.net
Fri Jun 17 08:29:13 UTC 2016

Fabien Dubosson via arch-general:
> Hi,
>
>> Yesterday I could tap my touch pad to trigger mouse clicks (single
>> finger for left mouse button, ...), but today nothing!
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this, or am I alone?
>
> I had the same problem yesterday after an update. I don't know what is
> the cause, but it seems that the synaptic options "TapButton[123]" are
> set to zero instead of "[123]" respectively now.
>
>> I had a quick look around but found no news suggesting that any recent
>> upgrade requires configuring my touchpad, or that I need to install any
>> new package to get my touch pad back to working the way I want.
>
> I also haven't seen any information about this.
>
>> Any and all suggestions are welcome :)
>
> I solved this by creating a "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf"
> file with the following content:
>
>     Section "InputClass"
>       Identifier "Touchpad"
>       Driver "synaptics"
>       MatchIsTouchpad "on"
>       MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
>       Option "TapButton1" "1"
>       Option "TapButton2" "2"
>       Option "TapButton3" "3"
>     EndSection
>
> ++ Fabien

I did the same as Fabien but a litle tuned because I use a chrombook:
Section "InputClass"
    Identifier      "touchpad peppy cyapa"
    MatchIsTouchpad "on"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    MatchProduct    "cyapa"
    Option          "FingerLow" "10"
    Option          "FingerHigh" "10"
    Option "TapButton1" "1"
    Option "TapButton2" "2"
    Option "TapButton3" "3"
EndSection

Its very nice that you can have the full control of your pad conf!
cheers