[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] signoffs are dead

Ismael Bouya ismael.bouya at normalesup.org
Wed Jun 29 08:23:24 UTC 2016

Hey there,
At some point I started to receive those "signoff" message on one of the list
I'm subscribed to. I searched on the wiki what that meant, but with no result. I
see that on https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Official_repositories you
mention in one sentence what it is, but sorry it's not clear what I can do about
that. I also spend maybe half an hour trying to find that in my profile, with no
result either. I concluded that maybe it was something for only trusted users,
and it was just not my business.

Maybe the first step before considering the signoff "dead" would be to educate
people on how to do that? It might be obvious to the Trusted users on how
everything works. As far as I am concerned, I have no idea of the packaging
process apart from AUR. All the technical parts are now natural to me, but all
the "human" process is completely obscure.

Kind regards,

(Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 07:28:10PM -0700) Kyle Terrien via arch-general :

--
Ismael