[arch-general] libvirt and VirtualBox

Jukka Salmi j+arch at salmi.ch
Thu Mar 3 15:11:01 UTC 2016

Damjan Georgievski --> arch-general (2016-03-03 14:43:03 +0100):
> since the update of libvirt to 1.3.2, it seems the sd_notify support
> is broken, and the daemon is killed.
>
> is the daemon even running for you?

Hmm, this seems to be another issue, because the issue I was talking
about (`virsh -c vbox:///session' failing) already existed with libvirt
1.3.1-2 (and before IIRC).

But yes, I probably also see the issue you mention -- at least libvirt
1.3.2-1 behaves oddly here: at first I wasn't able to start a VM
(qemu:///system), and then (with no qemu:///session VM running),
virt-manager complained about

	Error polling connection 'qemu:///session':
	internal error: client socket is closed

	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 385, in _handle_tick_queue
	    conn.tick_from_engine(**kwargs)
	  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1319, in tick_from_engine
	    raise e  # pylint: disable=raising-bad-type
	libvirtError: internal error: client socket is closed

However, libvirtd is still running (assuming this is "the daemon" you were
talking about).

Cheers, Jukka

--
This email fills a much-needed gap in the archives.