[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] DKMS modules for virtualbox

Joakim Hernberg jhernberg at alchemy.lu
Wed Mar 9 11:55:36 UTC 2016

We could stop splitting kernel headers out of the kernel package?

As a user I think it would be ace if we had binary modules for those
that want them but I have recently started using dkms modules again, and
find it clearly superior for out of tree modules.  (I maintain a couple
of kernels myself, and for instance creating/updating and building
nvidia packages is really somewhat of a pain).

Personally I'd like to see the extramodules patching in the kernel
buildscripts go away too ;)

--

   Joakim