[arch-general] Turning off the screen for privacy

Emil Lundberg lundberg.emil at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:33:58 UTC 2016

Using the `--off` option in xrandr seems to work for me:

    $ xrandr --output DVI-1 --off

You can list your available outputs and their status using the plain
`xrandr` command, I suspect what you'll be looking for on a laptop is an
output like LVDS. There are also GUIs for this, such as arandr, in case
that's a better option (please forgive my ignorance regarding blindness
accessibility...).

/Emil