[arch-general] startx on arch vm running on ESXI (when accessed via ssh - do I need a DM?)

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 18 23:23:27 UTC 2016

On 18-03-16 20:21, David C. Rankin wrote:
> /usr/lib/xorg-server/Xorg.wrap: Only console users are allowed to run the X server
You can get allow other users to run an xserver by creating
/etc/X11/Xwrapper.config .

from man xorg.wrap :
       allowed_users = rootonly|console|anybody
                Specify  which  users  may  start  the X server through
the wrapper. Use rootonly to only allow
                root, use console to only allow users logged into a
physical console, and use anybody to  allow
                anybody.  The default is console.

Keep in mind that while that will allow you to run X through ssh, I have
no idea if you'll be able to see the X screen.

LW