[arch-general] Htop 2.0 fonts

Grady Martin sunnycemetery at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 01:40:55 UTC 2016

On 2016年03月09日 16時31分, Maxwell Anselm wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 3:57 AM, Garmine 42 <mikro001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You need to enable unicode in xterm - i.e. use uxterm instead of xterm.
>
>I already have unicode enabled in xterm. And Braille does show up if I
>switch to the default bitmap font, but for whatever reason it doesn't
>show up when I use Dejavu Sans Mono (which I prefer). urxvt has no
>such problem.

That is because DejaVu Sans Mono has no Braille glyphs, and xterm does not use fallback fonts.  The Braille glyphs you see in urxvt are from another font.

As a workaround for xterm, you can copy Braille glyphs into DejaVu Sans Mono.  FontForge can help you do this.

Xterm is able to display larger glyphs in the same amount of space as a urxvt fallback font, because urxvt fallback fonts adhere to the proportions of the primary font.