[arch-general] [pacman-dev] Please make the colourised output exactly like that of "pacman-color"

Maarten de Vries maarten at de-vri.es
Fri Mar 25 15:42:20 UTC 2016

On 25 March 2016 at 13:32, Genes Lists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

> On 03/24/2016 09:06 PM, Xavion wrote:
>
>> Hi Allan,
>>
>> I have become old and grumpy since then!
>>

>>> ..
>

> Quick comment on color - it might be helpful to have a toggle to switch
> from dark to light terminals. ls uses an environment variable to permit
> changing the color map - that may be overkill - but a toggle for light vs
> dark background might be nice.
>
> gene

​Shouldn't a terminal configuration use colors that are always readable on
the default background color anyway? Then, assuming that you're not
overwriting the background color, the only two colors you should avoid are
black and white. All the other colors should be fine. Instead of setting
the foreground color to black/white you should just use the default
foreground color, possibly bold. I assume this is already the case for
pacman.

-- Maarten​