[arch-general] Why did kernel packaging become slow?

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Sat May 7 20:26:08 UTC 2016

[2016-05-07 20:00:35 +0000] Abderrahman Najjar:
> On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Tobias Powalowski via arch-general <
> arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Andy, yes this is correct.
> > Sorry folks sometimes real life catches you and that's more important.
> > I'm sure all understand this.
>
> I appreciate that.
> But there are two maintainers listed on the package​

It takes time to carefully configure, build and test a quality package.
I, for one, am perfectly happy with Tobias taking all the time he needs
to make sure we can all depend on this critical piece of software.

You are of course free to try and maintain a kernel package yourself,
there are numerous options in the AUR too.

--
Gaetan