[arch-general] systemctl problems with enable, disable, start, stop

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun May 29 11:19:48 UTC 2016

On Sun, 29 May 2016 12:57:54 +0200, Maykel Franco wrote:
>I have installed archlinux from zero. And when I enable anything
>service the command is slow and i get this error:
>
>Is the bug in systemctl?

I don't think so, but perhaps I'm mistaken, OTOH Google doesn't
find relevant links [1] ...

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qo /usr/bin/systemctl
/usr/bin/systemctl is owned by systemd 229-3

... at least 229-3 works here without such an error. I just tested
start/stop.

Regarding the speed, it depends on what my network scripts are doing,
if I start or stop them.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ sudo systemctl start alice
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ sudo systemctl stop alice
[...]
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ sudo systemctl stop alice-dhcp
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ sudo systemctl start alice-dhcp

They could finish immediately or take very long, but that is caused by
those scripts.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]