[arch-general] Updates blocked by ttf-dejavu

Christian Klaue mail at ck76.de
Tue Nov 1 12:44:50 UTC 2016

I subscribed to the Arch Announcement feed at https://lists.archlinux.o
rg/listinfo/arch-announce

You almost never get any mail (which I love). It's actually a copy of
everything which will be shown on the arch website frontpage. Since I
never had any trouble with updates besides those mentioned on this
page, it perfectly fits my requirements. Of course you may still run
into AUR trouble... but that's kinda another story.

With respect to update information: just run a full update on a daily
basis. That's what I am doing. Pacman informs me. For gnome there is a
neat tool: Arch Linux Update Indicator. It hides the icon if there are
no updates. I used to use Kalu (which may be helpful on KDE). Works
fine as well but shows the icon all the time. Actually such tools are
unnecessary since there is an update available each day for my system.
Even if you go for a weekly check, it is not waste of time.

So, if I understood your question correct: use pacman + Arch
Announcement mailing list.

regards,
ente