[arch-general] Almost system crash, users getting logged out

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Nov 5 09:45:12 UTC 2016

Hi list,
I had an "almost crash" last night. When I got up in the morning, the session
on the first six TTYs were closed, but the sessions on TTY 8-10 were still
open. Having taken a look at the journal, I found a lot of activity around
4AM. That may have been preceeded by something around midnight, when my music
player suddenly quit, the system informing me, that there was not enough
memory. A restart of the music player was successful though.

I don't have any remote login services active and this sort of thing hasn't
happened before, not on Arch since my installation a few weeks ago nor on the
previous system.

My kernel version is 4.8.2, not having rebooted since the last upgrade.

The journal excerpt with the potential problem is here:
https://freeshell.de/~silvain/journal.log

I'd be grateful for any help and of course eagre to supply any further info to
solve this issue.

Thank you and

best wishes

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3