[arch-general] WLAN

Bruno Pagani bruno.pagani at ens-lyon.org
Sun Nov 6 22:07:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le 06/11/2016 à 22:56, Silvio Siefke a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> i've installed Arch Linux today on Desktop (HP Elitebook 2540p) but
> wifi work not. I become message "Wireless networks disabled by hardware
> switch"
>
> Have someone an idea what can do?
>
> Thank you
> Silvio

Maybe it’s a dumb question, but have you checked whether there is
actually any hardware switch (WiFi button, slider, switch) anywhere on
the laptop?

Else, another common issue I’ve seen from ages, is that disabling WiFi
in Windows using a the WiFi hotkey (Fn/Function key) results in
« hardware switch »-like disabling. Do you happen to have a dual boot
with a Windows (or did you have a Windows prior to Arch install)? In the
case you still have this Windows, can you boot it and check WiFi status
there? If you had a Windows but not anymore, I’m not sure what your best
option is…

Hope it helps you,
Bruno