[arch-general] WLAN

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:17:18 UTC 2016

On 11/06/2016 03:56 PM, Silvio Siefke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i've installed Arch Linux today on Desktop (HP Elitebook 2540p) but
> wifi work not. I become message "Wireless networks disabled by hardware
> switch"

I'm sorry if this sounds basic, but after setting up an EliteBook 8760w
with wifi, I found the "hardware switch" (the wireless button at the
top-right of the keyboard on my laptop) must be on. You have checked to
insure you have the switch on right?

Now if I could just get it to boot without the iso, I'd be fine. There
are a couple of articles in the wiki about HP EliteBooks that may help
with the wireless, check:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HP_EliteBook_840_G1

and see if any tips there help. All I did was follow the wireless
networking page to configure wireless with wpa_supplicant on the
elitebook and it worked and responds to the hardware switch.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.