[arch-general] Problem with "geoclue2" update

L. Rose lists at lrose.de
Tue Nov 15 23:29:19 UTC 2016

Am 13.11.2016 um 19:20 schrieb Manuel Reimer:
> On 11/13/2016 06:10 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Most likely nothing requires geoclue...
>>
>> $ pacman -Qo /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/geoclue/geoclue.devhelp2
>> $ pacman -Qi geoclue geoclue2 | grep "Required By"
>>
>> if so remove it
>>
>> # pacman -R geoclue
>
> This solved my problem.
>
> Thank you to everyone for the fast help. After removing "geoclue", the
> update of "geoclue2" worked without any problems.
>
> Manuel

I had the same problem, I was just about doing my regular system update,
and got the exact same error message as mentioned in the first mail on
this thread. Running pacman -Qi geoclue geoclue2 revealed that geoclue
is needed by no package, but the conflicting geoclue2 is needed by
webkitgtk and webkit2gtk. So removing geoclue2 was no option at first
hand, but I went with removing geoclue, which was not needed. After
that, I tried to run pacman -Syu again, and no file conflicts were
mentioned, so removing geoclue fixed the issue. If anyone else stumbles
upon this problem, this might help.