[arch-general] espeak ng and keeping packages in the aur up todate.

Travis Collins erbrecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:26:23 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016, 4:26 AM Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> It doesn't harm to read comments and to take a look at the PKGBUILD when
> using yaourt. When not using yaourt there anyway is no need to install
> dependencies manually, see
>
>   man makepkg
>
> and
>
>   https://wiki.archlinux.org/
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Oh. I still read PKGBUILDs and .install files when using yaourt; didn't
mean to imply that step could/should be skipped. And unless I am horribly
mistaken, makepkg won't handle AUR dependencies, like package-query as a
dependency for yaourt.

-s/--syncdeps automatically resolves and install any dependencies with
pacman before building. If the package depends on other AUR packages, you
will need to manually install them first.[1]

Travis

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Build_and_install_the_package