[arch-general] Nvidia backlight control - acpi_video0/brightness changes - display doesn't?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Nov 19 05:17:59 UTC 2016

On 11/18/2016 11:02 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> I've got to get something figured out. This laptop will absolutely blind you
> when you open a browser, or anything with a white background. I have the
> backlight set at 40% in win10 and that works well. Here it looks like it is on
> MAX continually. I will keep at it. If anyone has any other idea, let me know.
> Thanks.

I don't believe this! I have I can effect the brightness with xrandr, but the
output name is 'LVDS-0' instead of 'LVDS' (as it is on my other laptops). I
don't know if this could be the whole problem with the normal backlight
controls not working -- anyone have any idea? I'll just modify the xbacklight
script to call xrandr instead of xbacklight and pass it fractional values
between 0.5 and 1.0. Strange indeed.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.