[arch-general] snapcraft.io IMO gets across the message that snaps are appropriate for Arch Linux

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Nov 24 14:50:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 09:36:23 -0500, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
>It is another thing entirely to pick a fight on *their* mailing list,
>about whether *their* users (who have different priorities from Arch
>users) are willing to use Snaps.

I didn't use their mailing list, to spread hate about snaps. It's
also my mailing list, since I'm a subscriber of this and several Ubuntu
falvour mailing lists to help Linux novices and btw. my help usually is
much appreciated on those mailing lists.

>And what do you want from us anyway?

I only want to inform those who might not have noticed it. Since I'm not
an Arch Linux developer, I can't ask Ubuntu to remove the logo. I even
don't ask the Arch developers, to ask Ubuntu to remove it, again, I
only want to inform. It's entirely on the "owners" of Arch Linux to
decide, if they care about it or not. I don't fight for it.

Regards,
Ralf