[arch-general] snapcraft.io IMO gets across the message that snaps are appropriate for Arch Linux

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Nov 25 00:00:49 UTC 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:07:17 -0500, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
>If you cannot figure out how your own references indicate that the
>person you specifically called out as an official Ubuntu person (email
>address and all), who is "deeply involved in working on snappy", and
>probably knows a whole lot about his own distro even if he is clueless
>about Arch, is worth at least mentioning as a potential proof to
>anything... then you are further gone than I thought.

I proved you wrong and you are not willing to accept that you are
wrong, that's funny.

>Mr. Grawert

"wow, working on snappy all the time obviously made me miss that new apt
feature :)

you are actually correct, with the switch from apt-get to apt this is
indeed possible, sorry for the noise..." -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2016-November/288224.html

I don't know why _you_ Eli, spread wrong claims and ask me to not reply
to your wrong claims. Consider not to spread FUD.

There even is something bad with Mr. Grawert. It's very simple, some
developers are in favour of snappy others plan to stay with normal
repositories, shared libraries, the non-container approach. I
several times explained that I corrected wrong statements of this
developer as well as yours. But this wasn't the topic. The topic
was just to point out, that the Arch Logo on the Ubuntu website could
lead to misunderstandings.

This thread actually was finished several mails ago, it's just that you
blamed me with wrong off-topic assumptions. Please stopp!

Regards,
Ralf