[arch-general] On containers. WAS: Re: snapcraft.io ...

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Nov 30 06:30:47 UTC 2016

On 11/24/2016 08:19 AM, Martin Kühne via arch-general wrote:
> This whole sandboxing and containerisation idiocy is such a pain. Oh
> look, the apps are not secure, the apps sometimes crash. But you know
> what, let's take a high level approach, because we're such great
> managers. Let's NOT make better apps and a better stack by actually
> writing better multimedia libraries. No, let's instead just lock the
> stuff in which we use anyway, so they can't do more harm than
> absolutely unavoidable. Let's face it: those wheels are BROKEN, and
> what we actually need is an effort to reinvent them a few more times
> so some of them might hold further scrutiny.
>
> Slightly off topic, I know, I'll be back at planning my own world
> domination myself.
>
> cheers!
> mar77i

Jesus, Marti,

  I couldn't have said it better myself. While we are at it, why don't we
html'ize all the desktops so they look like win10, devoid of any character,
just a whole desktop that looks like a bland rendered web-page, devoid of any
decoration and with apps that take 1/2 a screen to do what was done in 1/10
the space before (not just plasma), and while we are at that, let's bork the
indent and focus models and use a hodge-podge of open, save, save-as dialogs
with hit-or-miss kio functionality.

  I feel better -- thanks Marti :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.