[arch-general] Cannot receive files via bluetooth

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Oct 9 10:24:50 UTC 2016

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 10:13:56 +0200, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>it seems some bluetooth has overwritten my bluetooth main.conf, as
>last change has been on September, 26th. Also, I cannot receive files
>any more, so I guess, I'd cahnaged sth. there. Unfortunately, I cannot
>remember, what changes I'd made in the past.  :-(
>
>Could You probably tell me, what might cause the non-functioning file
>transfer? Sending files works, btw.

Hi,

I'm not a bluetooth user myself, but regarding the Arch Wiki there are
several ways to get bluetooth working [1]. You should mention what you
chose that stopped working and provide information you got by
troubleshooting, resp. what you already tried to get rid of the issue
[1b].

At least point out what "last change has been on September, 26th" and
provide a link where you posted that "bluetooth main.conf".

If upgrades provide new system wide configurations, they don't
overwrite anything, they get installed as foo.config.pacnew and you get
informed about this by the command line output [2]. It could be that you
need to use a new config. Sometimes a config in $HOME might require
editing, but then you usually would see a message by the upgrade's
command line output, too. Not related to bluetooth, just an example
for messages [3].

Regards,
Ralf

[1]