[arch-general] Supermicro cd/dvd inst error: ARCH_201603 device did not show up after 30 seconds

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:18:26 UTC 2016

On 10/10/2016 06:39 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Thanks Mauro,
>
>   I'm picking though the iso right now. I'll let you know what turns up. The
> install works fine other than looking for disk/by-label/ARCH_201603.

Oh my God, what moron forgot and left the 201603 install CD in the CD drive a
couple of weeks ago and then tried to boot the 20161001 installer from USB. No
wonder the installer was looking for ARCH_201603. The bizarre part was actually
looking with 'ls -al /dev/disk/by-label' only showed ARCH_201610 and
ARCHISO_EFI, lending to the confusion.

Sorry for the noise. The USB install works fine, the CD/DVD install still fails
with the issue discussed in
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1608432#p1608432

Now to chastise the idiot that left 201603 CD in the drive :). If these servers
didn't sound like a 747 at full-takeoff, I might have actually noticed the CD
drive clicking :)

Thanks again Mauro, LoneWolf, Dave and the rest.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.