[arch-general] ISC bind 9.11 and dyndb-ldap

Pallissard, Matthew matt at pallissard.net
Mon Oct 17 00:12:42 UTC 2016

Has anyone successfully used LDAP as a dynamic back-end for bind 9.11?

Unless I'm reading the release notes/new features pages incorrectly the
bind-dyndb-ldap plugin has been rolled into ISC's official release and I
shouldn't have to mess around with patching/building it from source.

Yet I get the following errors upon startup;

named[9937]: loading configuration from '/etc/named.conf'
named[9937]: /etc/named.conf:23: unknown option 'dynamic-db'
named[9937]: loading configuration: failure
named[9937]: exiting (due to fatal error)
systemd[1]: named.service: Main process exited, code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE

Sources.
https://www.isc.org/bind-9-11-new-features/
https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01432/81/BIND-9.11.0-Release-Notes.html