[arch-general] system crashes when starting network connection

sivmu sivmu at web.de
Mon Oct 17 23:40:04 UTC 2016

Am 18.10.2016 um 00:53 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 23:50:14 +0200, sivmu wrote:
>> The result of the trigger is a full system crash, showing the current
>> screen.
>
>> I have no idea how to analyse the issue further.
>
> You didn't mention what WM or DE, what kind of network, what tool to
> access the network and what graphics is used.

Sorry for that.

I'm using the awesome WM, there are basically no other userspace
processes running besides teh xserver, dbus and systemd.

First I suspected the recent upgrade to gtk 3.22 might be the culprit,
but after mutt caused the same issue (used in xterm) I think that can be
ruled out. The amdgpu driver was also a suspect but I have not found
anything to support that idea.

Since This only happens after the network has been inactive for some
time, I highly suspect the issue lies there.

The network adapter is an intel gigabit ethernet adapter, I will try to
find out the exact specification. up till now there was never a problem
with it anyway.

I have been running this szstem for mounth without issues. The only
suspect software that was updated recently was gtk and the upgrade to
linux 4.7.7