[arch-general] sporadic strange PC speaker sounds

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Oct 18 17:45:23 UTC 2016

Hey hey,
occasionally I hear a short "tune" on my pc speaker. It's too unexpected and
too short to try lsof to see which process is using the pc speaker.

The sound is reminiscent of old console games. It's several short notes, all
in a blues pentatonic.

this has been an issue right from the installation. The only special daemon
running is brltty, which at least didn't use to make such sounds in the past.

Can anyone suggest a process or a method of finding it? It only happens a
couple of times a day, but this could be a problem when recording with the
microphone. On the other hand, I can't turn off the pc speaker, since I rely
on BRLTTY and other signals in non recording contexts.

Thank you and

best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3