[arch-general] German manpage for bash

Simon Doppler dopsi at dopsi.ch
Thu Oct 20 10:11:40 UTC 2016

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:52:23 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> perhaps I'm "mad", but I wish to get a German manpage for bash and at
> least an English manpage how to write bash completions.
>
> Does anybody know a source for exotic manpages?
>
>   [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep mad .bashrc
>   alias mad='LANG=de_DE.utf8 man'
>   [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql man-pages | grep bash
>   [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql man-pages-de | grep bash
>   [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql bash-completion | grep share/man
>   [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Ql bash | grep share/man
>   bash /usr/share/man/
>   bash /usr/share/man/man1/
>   bash /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz
>   bash /usr/share/man/man1/bashbug.1.gz
>
> The repositories seem not to provide the desired manpages.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
Hi,

Both Ubuntu and Debian have German manpages packages, but both
lack the bash page. The German version of http://manpages.org also
lacks the bash page.

You could maybe check with the German bash translator,
https://translationproject.org/domain/bash.html if he has some form of
bash manpage.

--
Simon Doppler (dopsi)