[arch-general] Unlocking the screen through fprintd

Jonas Große Sundrup jonas-aml at letopolis.de
Thu Oct 20 11:18:06 UTC 2016

Am 20.10.2016 um 10:13 schrieb Bennett Piater:
> However, every screen locker I have tried that supports PAM at all
> (i3lock, xlockmore, xscreensaver, kscreenlocker) all ask for my
> fingerprint AFTER I typed in my password.

Not using fprint, but merely an idea (you have possibly already checked
that): maybe the PAM-file for the screenlocker has a higher priority for
passwords than for the fingerprint sensor while the rest has it the
other way around.

iirc this depends on the ordering of the corresponding modules in the
respective PAM-files.

  ~ Jonas